Friday, August 27, 2010

Preparing for the Adventure


In approximately 72 hours, I will board a plane headed for Madrid, Spain. I have had the countdown going for months in my head, but only now is it beginning to feel real. The moment that the reality of my travels hit me was when I checked the weather in Madrid and the 7-day forecast included days when I would actually be in Spain. FYI, it will be a balmy 96 degrees on the day that I arrive. Over the past few days, I have been preparing, both mentally and physically, for my travels. It all seemed so easy in theory, when in reality, I underestimated how much I had left to do. It is simple to imagine all of the belongings that I'll need for 4 months comfortably fitting into two large suitcases. This fantasy seemed nice until I started to pack and my shoes alone filled an entire suitcase. It appears as though I will sincerely need to reconsider the absolute necessities for the next four months.


Well, I do not have much to report yet, considering the fact that I am still comfortably in Denver, Colorado. I will try to update this blog regularly and I would love if people actually read it. The address is simple: emilyanneparker.blogspot.com. Mom-I'll show you how to access my blog before I leave. The next time that I post, I will be in Spain. Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment